Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Another X in the wall

I've used Final Cut Pro since 4 so when X came out with its new interface like many others I groaned and was lost just like them. No upgrade for me. It was version 0 and was missing many features from its previous incarnation. Well months later I figured that I test the waters and cut the stuff I shot at New York Comic Con on the trial version instead of iMovie, here we go. After two false starts I got the hang of this beast, I took all my source video from iPhone, NEX5N, and the Canon 60D and went to work. Rendering is done in the background while you're putting the movie together, individual clips can be worked on, video fixes, audio, color correction, stabilization all can be done in the background. Titles as well, using the included fonts or your own. Everything runs pretty fast, of course dependent on your hardware. After a couple of hours I had a finished video with titles and music. Over all not the bad experience I thought it would be. If you're into doing video and are in the Apple environment and are looking to step up from iMovie FCPX might mark the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment