Monday, June 18, 2012

MacBook pro or not to MacBook pro

I've had MacBook pro's since the first 12" model came out, miss the little guy, mom has it now. I have a 15"about 4 yrs. old. It has, don't get mad, Windows 8 dev on it! Don't ask me why I hacked it but I did. Lastly I've got a 2011 13" MacBook pro with a 128 ssd and 8 gig's of memory. Its pretty fast but has 2 drawbacks. One the low res screen, why Apple?. Two no dedicated graphic card. Well maybe three, the weight. It is my main workhorse. But now comes this 15" retina monster, if you tricked it out all the way, is about $4000 with apple care, that you must get with this thing because it can't be fixed only replaced. So while it's nice to look at and drool, it's not a must buy at all for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment